ABNIs Beetlebums an Australian Registered Business?
Facebook PageWhere is the Beetlebums Facebook Page?
Nappy Size GuideWhat is the range of each Beetlebum size?
Postage and DeliveryCan I arrange to pick up my order?
When do you post?
Can I combine shipping?
How do I get me a Beetlebum?Can I get a custom nappy/carrier?
Why isn't there ever any instock Beetlegoodness?
Can I beg for a Beetlebum please?
How do I find out about these 'Stockings'? And what are stockings?
I'm here for the stocking, now what?
How about Layby/layaway?
Can I have some extra time to pay?
Inside Out All-In-TwoWhy are they called 'Inside Outs'?
Pocket NappiesWhy is my nappy hard to stuff?
Can I add more boosting?
I heard something about pockets...
Baby CarriersCan you sell to the US or Canada?
Tell me a little about Beetlebum Carriers!
- Is Beetlebums an Australian Registered Business?
- YES! And our ABN is 33 756 069 536
- Where is the Beetlebums Facebook Page?
- There IS a Facebook page for those who love and/or want to know more about Beetlebums :). You can find pictures of Beetlefolk and their Beetlegear along with other information.
The group can be found here
Nappy Size Guide
- What is the range of each Beetlebum size?
Newborn generally suits from birth (approx 2kg) through to 6kg, depending on build.
Rise - 32cm
Waist - unstretched, tightest setting 28cm to stretched, loosest setting 42cm
Medium generally suits a weight range of 4.5kg through to 10kg+, depending on build of course.
Rise - 41cm
Waist - unstretched, tightest setting 32cm to stretched, loosest setting 56cm
Large generally suits from 6kg through to 15+kg, depending on build.
Rise - 45cm
Waist - unstretched, tightest setting 36cm to loosest setting 60cm
Postage and Delivery
- Can I arrange to pick up my order?
- Beetlebums does not offer pick up of orders, under any circumstance. It is a decision that has been made by my partner and myself not only for security and privacy, but for our own families' convenience.
- When do you post?
- As of 2010 there will be two rigid postal days - to be confirmed as soon as we figure this out. Beetlebums ships in prepaid satchels so post does tend to go daily, however in the circumstance that registered is requested (or an overseas order is made) then these will be shipped on the designated shipping days.
I generally ship within three days of cleared payment.
- Can I combine shipping?
- Yep! Just please let me know if you have made two separate orders - ESPECIALLY if they are made on separate days. I ship systematically so if I am not made aware of the potential to combine it is likely I will overlook it.
All you need to do is hit 'contact' and let me know what order numbers you would like to be combined.
It is not Beetlebums responsibility to automatically combine shipping on separate orders.
How do I get me a Beetlebum?
- Can I get a custom nappy/carrier?
- At the moment Beetlebums is closed for custom orders. Due to the high volume of requests it has been deemed only fair to everyone for me to cease doing customs. If a custom slot does come up, the Beetlebums Blog and mailing list will be notified.
- Why isn't there ever any instock Beetlegoodness?
- Well, try as I do - and lets just say I try my hardest - I just cannot keep up. Which is awesome for me but not so good for those wonderful punters that have been trying to nab a Beetlebum. I sometimes do 'Sneaky Stockings' which are either announced ONLY on EITHER my blog or to my mailing list. Sometimes I announce the stockings to the world. In any case, I have tried every single way that I can to make it fairer, and have found that there is no hard and fast rule. Don't worry though, I'm working on some ways to make Beetlebums a little more readily available :)
- Can I beg for a Beetlebum please?
- Please don't. I find it really really hard to say no, and repeated emails to me really play on my psyche. It isn't fair for me to accept one 'favour' and decline so many others. And I really find it hard to keep up as it is.
- How do I find out about these 'Stockings'? And what are stockings?
- The stockings I refer to are not the type you wear on your legs! It is when I 'restock' my store. I announce a time to my mailing list or on my blog and then customers make sure they are logged into my store, and there when the time comes (that I have announced). To join the Beetlebums mailing list simply go to the 'Contact' page and make sure that you add your current email address in there, and 'Add me' in the title.
- I'm here for the stocking, now what?
Make sure you are logged in, if you haven't shopped at Beetlebums before - join right away - BEFORE the stocking starts!
Simply refresh your screen on the product that you would like to buy, when the stocking time comes around. If you see an 'Add2Cart' button, click on it AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Go as quickly as you can through checkout - the item is not yours until the checkout process has been COMPLETED
I'm sorry if you missed out, it's really busy at stockings - please know that I am trying my hardest to make these nappies and carriers more readily available.
Please note that my store is ALWAYS set to 'yours upon checkout'. So, as mentioned, the item/s isn't yours until checkout has been completed. I never change this setting, mainly to ensure that there is a good chance for everyone at the stockings.
- How about Layby/layaway?
- Sorry folks, I dont offer layby.
- Can I have some extra time to pay?
- Ok, if you haven't read they policy yet then I will reiterate here. There is a very strict 3hr payment policy here at Beetlebums. There are reasons for this, the main one being that I really detest chasing money. So please don't ask.
Payments that aren't received within the 48hrs following the order being made will be automatically canceled without notice.
Payments via Paypal don't need additional email confirmation - however I don't know if payment has been made via Direct Deposit for a couple of days - this is why it is imperative that an email with a copy of your reciept is sent to me as soon as payment is made. Funds will be returned to sender if a payment was made and the order canceled because there was no confirmation email
Inside Out All-In-Two
- Why are they called 'Inside Outs'?
To me, overlocking belongs on the inside of garments and fabric products. However Inside Out AI2s are cotton outer nappies, and I had to figure out a way to make then wick proof (wicking is when moisture travels beyond the waterproof layer to the outer, usually via elastic casings/stitching). It is common fact that overlocked AI2s don't wick as much as cotton print outer turned and topstitched nappies. It became apparent to me that it really was possible to combine both overlocking and turning and topstitching to create a truly trim, beautiful and wick free fashionable nappy.
Please note that Beetlebums is the ONLY nappy (worldwide!) to use this technique to put together our cotton print outer AI2s. To cut a long story short, Inside Outs are called this because to me the inside IS out - meaning the overlocked legs!!
- Why is my nappy hard to stuff?
Because they are TRIM!
There is a 'way' to stuff your Beetlebums pocket nappy - I pre stuff every single one myself before sending them onto their new homes and let me just say, I have very big hands!
Just grasp your booster, holding your hand as flat as possible (with your thumb under your hand) and guide the booster into the pocket. When you get to the narrowest point it may seem difficult to get the booster through, just grab the front of the nappy and pull it down over your hand (thus pushing your hand through). Pull your hand out while making sure the booster is flat inside the nappy.
- Can I add more boosting?
- Sure you can - you can add a doubler to your trifold to amp up the boosting just fine.
Just make sure that your leg casings still create a little gusset, ensuring that they still touch your babies legs when the nappy is on to be certain that the nappy remains leakproof.
- I heard something about pockets...
Pocket nappies (depending on the make of course) are VERY reliable - because YOU can adjust the stuffing as you see fit! I personally LOVE the fact that I am in control - I know my babies' output and know that I have added enough to the nappy to ensure it lasts.
- Can you sell to the US or Canada?
- Unfortunately, a strict no applies here. Due to the territorial limits of my insurance policy I am forbidden to sell to the US, Canada or any territory that falls under the US or Canadian law.
Any other country worldwide is fine for me to send Beetlebums goods to.
- Tell me a little about Beetlebum Carriers!
I have designed my carriers to be more than supportive from around 3mo through to toddlerdom (20kg), and I believe that they really are one of the most comfortable carriers out there :).
Beetlebums Full Buckles have webbing that runs down the entire length of the shoulder strap, adding to the support, and a more structured body. The half buckle is constructed the same but simply has slightly wider Mei Tai straps, that you tie (and they don't have webbing running the length).
The buckles on the Full Buckle come from the center panel and mimic the position where a Mei Tai strap would normally cross, eliminating the feeling of 'drag' and creating a much more comfortable ride for both the wearer and wearee. Beetlebums Full Buckles don't have the typical 'slack' that SSCs are renowned for (some folk complain that they cant get a 'close carry' with a SSC) but because of where the buckle comes from within the carrier and the construction of the body panels you will find that you get a super close, comfy and perfect positioned baby every time with next to no effort :).